Ohio’s State and Local Governments
Content Statements Addressed
- G CS 18, G CS 19, G CS 20
- How does the principle of federalism help define the government of the United States?
- How does the State of Ohio fit within the federal structure of government?
- How did the Ohio Constitution of 1851 address difficulties in governing Ohio?
- How can Ohio’s citizens play a role in helping state and local governments address problems facing their communities?
- Identify examples of how the 1851 Ohio Constitution addressed difficulties in governing Ohio at that time.
- Compare the structures, powers, and relationships between both levels of government as defined in the Constitution of Ohio and the Constitution of the United States
- Determine how the Ohio Constitution complements the federal structures of government in the United States
- Identify the roles that Ohio’s citizens can play in helping state and local government address problems facing their communities
- Ohio Constitution
- Compare the United States Constitution with the Ohio State Constitution using the following Constitution Comparison Lesson
Diverse Learners Strategies