- W C.S.18, W C.S. 19, W C.S. 20, W C.S. 21 W C.S. 22
1. Why did the united States and the Soviet Union find it more difficult to cooperate in peace?
2. How did the Cold War conflict worsen in the late 1940’s?
3. What were some of the early Cold War confrontations?
4. What alliances formed as a result of altercations between the world superpowers?
5. How did the Cold War contribute to conflict around the world?
6. How did Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union change after WWII?
7. What caused the collapse of the Soviet Union?
8. Why did colonists of Africa and Asia feel oppressed and exploited after WWII. How did this lead to the rise of nationalist movements?
9. How did conflicts in the Middle East relate to religion and deep rooted historical differences?
10. How did the rise in nationalism in Arab states threaten the creation and presence of the state of Israel?
11. What multi-national organizations arose after WWII?
- Know major events of the Cold War.
- Know the boundary changes.
- Identify multi-national organizations.
- Explain life behind the Iron Curtain.
- Know religious groups of the Middle East.
- Identify major areas of resistance to Colonial Powers.
- Explain viewpoints of leaders fighting for Independence.
- Analyze the impact of the ending of Apartheid in South Africa.
- Analyze the impact of the expanded rights for women.
- Women’s liberation
- Iron Curtain
- Nuclear Proliferation
- Star Wars
- Ronald Reagan
- Berlin Airlift
- Berlin Wall